I went to my second Vote Yes on Prop. 8 rally tonight. These rallies are SO out of my comfort zone. Couldn't I just bake cookies? I LIKE baking cookies. I can feel my heart race whenever people come over to yell at us and tell us what evil people we are. Every time someone would yell out "F-You". I would just reply. "No thanks! I'm good!" Then another guy who was stopped at the traffic light asked me, "Why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married and be happy?" I said, "Whoever said that MARRIAGE made ANYONE happy? You want happiness? That's what CHOCOLATE is for my friend!"
5 comments:
Nice answer Becky!!!
You crack me up!
Hi. Just stumbled across your blog while "surfing." Wanted to say I may not agree with you on Prop 8, but Kudos for your answer there. Quick thinking.
And as for people yelling obscenities at you, shame on them. You have a right to stand up for what you believe in same as anybody.
LOL Becky. You crack me up. I would never come up with something like that so quick. Kepp up the good work. You are doing an awesome job.
So Adam had a table at his school that was for Prop 8 -- awkward because his dean and half of his teachers are gay....but their institute teachers made TONS of cookies (they are couple missionaries)...so everyone was coming to their table to get a cookie. And then of course flipping them off, too. Oh well, it passed!
Post a Comment