Thursday, October 2, 2008
Honesty? Are you talking to ME?
So our landlady sent over another guy to check out our AC unit. He came up with the same diagnosis as the first guy. Fan motor and compressor are out and the unit needs to be replaced. She's really put out because the warranty expired on it two months ago. I can understand her not being happy about that. But she actually asked the AC guy to back her up in her lie, changing the date of the warranty. I was proud of the AC guy though. He told her no, that he would not be comfortable doing that. She told him that she would call the other AC guy back and ask him if he could help her with that. The guy then told her, "Please, don't do that. You'll feel shame if you do that. It's not right. It's not right to lie. It's not right to break the law." I was so impressed! Seems like so many people are looking to get something for nothing. Also, I don't think I've ever heard someone talk to another person so plainly about honesty before. Made me feel good to witness it. Anyhow, we still have no AC, but the temp has dropped enough so that it's bearable at least. We might even get rain on Saturday. That would be a great birthday present for Scott!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats really impressive what the ac tech said. Good for him.
It's a breath of fresh air to hear about someone being so bold about honesty--too bad you couldn't use that for AC! Thank goodness it's cooling down--I can't wait for a nice big downpour!!!!!
Post a Comment