Saturday, October 18, 2008

My house,my home

Today was THE best! My family stayed home with me and cleaned the house! OK, so it wasn't voluntary. I announced this morning that there would be no TV, no computer time, no reading and no mowing the lawn until the entire house was cleaned. I work outside the home now and sad to say, it shows. I leave for work before Jason and Caroline leave for school. This means that poor Caroline sometimes has to do her own hair. Although I finish my job at 11:15, most days J and C's school need me to monitor the playground during lunch recess. The extra money is nice, but by the time I finish there at 1:15, it's grab lunch, rotate laundry, check and answer emails, then do the carpool for the high school bunch. At least I only have carpool 3 days a week. When the kids and I get home, it's homework,get dinner going, and rotate laundry again. I've also been so tired for quite awhile now. I went to the doctor and they ran some blood work on me. I still have to go back and see if it showed anything. I'm also scheduled to visit a clinic for a sleep study on Dec. 12th. I wake up on average about 8 to 10 times a night. I don't know WHAT is up with me! So anyhow, just about everyone pitched in and the house looks great! Scott even scrubbed our shower! What a guy! The house isn't QUITE the way I want it. Don't get me wrong. I am a strong supporter of Prop. 8 and I'm glad that Scott is so involved. This issue is more important than the presidential election. If we don't like the President, the longest we have to suffer is 8 years. However, if prop. 8 doesn't pass, the damage will be permanent. On the downside, and I'm being petty here, all of the prop. 8 stuff has taken over my living room. I'm hoping that THIS is the reason we are here and that WHEN prop. 8 passes, we can finally go back home. It's no secret I miss New Hampshire. I miss the seasons, our friends and our favorite restaurants. But I also miss my slower pace of life. My kids were involved in various activities there, but it wasn't the rat race that it is here. I was ABLE to stay home and take care of it and my family. I guess I'm what they call a throwback. I don't need a career to be fulfilled. I loved staying home and making it one. I loved being available to my husband and kids at a moments notice. I loved having hot cocoa and cinnamon & sugar biscuits waiting for my kids when they got home from school in the fall and winter months. I loved cleaning my house and planning meals and inviting friends over for dinner and get togethers often. I loved going to bed at night and not stressing about all the STUFF I had to do the next day. Because I didn't have to do STUFF. I just had to take care of my family. How's that for a whine-fest? No really, today WAS a good day! I need to focus on the joy right? I have my family and a great ward family. For these I am truly thankful. Even if I am in California.

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I know how you feel--Chris and I were just talking about how crazy-busy-hectic everything always seems to be. BUT, we are so blessed in so many ways, and we are truly blessed to know you, so we are glad you're here.

Nicowhit said...

My Stake almost had to help make phone calls for Prop 8. Each Ward was going to have 25 people calling California Residents explaining Prop 8 and encouraging then to vote our way. It got called off for some reason. But, hey, the whole country is definitiely watching waht happens in California because it is such an important state. Kepp up the good work. I hope you make it back to New Hampshire soon.