Saturday, November 15, 2008

On the hunt

OK, so my back is still stiff from when I wrenched it a week ago. I feel like I have a touch of the stomach flu. Money is so tight these days that I'm doing almost ALL of my grocery shopping at the 99 Cent Only Store. Richard is in the hospital so that the doctors can figure out which meds are, aren't and MIGHT work. Oh and by the way, if anyone knows of any job openings for a training manager, PLEASE let us know, as Scott was laid off yesterday. The company he worked for had to cut the budget and although they've been very pleased with Scott's job performance, they feel that training is something they don't HAVE to have over the next 12 months. We're covered financially until the end of the year and we have benefits until the end of January. He did have a phone interview yesterday with the headhunter for a company in upstate NY that he felt good about. I'm spending my time on the internet searching for training manager jobs ANYWHERE. Come on now, SING with me! A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go. Scott Bowler needs a job, a hunting we will go! I know, it's lame. But it does help me while I'm sifting through what's out there. Oh and uh for those who don't live in CA. We're on fire AGAIN!

5 comments:

PookaB said...

I LOVE the song! I'm sorry you guys are getting hit so hard this time. But I know after all the work you just did on Prop 8 the Lord will take care of you. You finished your work, so he is taking you where you need to go next, probably to where Richard can best be helped. He will always take care of those who fight His battles, and you guys just won a huge war. Now its on to the next. We love you guys so much and you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh honey -- I will check with my company -- we have AWESOME health bennies. (you can look online at www.sdmts.com) I know we're ALWAYS hiring bus operators, but the pay isn't great. Seems like I've gotten company emails about other things too though. I just think the benefits might help.

Have you talked to your ward at all? They could help with food and stuff from the bishop's storehouse and then you wouldn't have to worry about that -- and don't worry about asking for help, that's what we do in our church -- help each other. Think of all the people you just helped with your prop 8 campaigning. This is your time.

We are praying for Richard and your family!

Shannon said...

When it rains, it pours! Being unemployed is NO fun. We'll keep our ears open, but check out byu.edu. You have as much access as we do in that department. Upsate NY isn't NH, but you'd be a lot closer. Is that any consolation? Good luck with everything. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Becky bo bopper, I'm so glad you found me on facebook, and gave me this blog, wow! you are amazing, I've loved every blog, I laughed my head off at the comment about marriage. I cried about some of the difficulties. Really sweetheart, I love you, I have faith that God is aware of all that you have shouldered and is mindful of you always He is and will bless you. You humble me with all you have done for the benefit of our country. Thank you for your example and love. Aunt Mikey

Nicowhit said...

Scott came across a job in Pocatello the other day for a trainer at a hospital or insitution of some kind. I will see if he can send you guys the link for it.