Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I will SURVIVE!

Richard and I have joined a fitness club and meet with our trainer Ben twice a week. As I'm sitting here typing this, I am trying very hard to concentrate on my typing instead of how unusual my body feels. At first, it was pain that I felt. Oh my goodness! After our first workout, it honestly felt like my knees wanted to bend the other way! I kept looking down at them to make sure they were going in the direction that my brain was telling them to. I still feel the pain after working out because I'm using muscles that haven't been used since I was about 10. But there is this strange thing that is also happening to me. At first I thought I was leaking somewhere, and became quite concerned. I have since discovered that the proper name for it is "Perspiration". Actually, I'm now starting to feel good at the end of my workouts and not praying for death like I was when I first started. Sometimes it seems kind of pointless to me. I mean, aren't we ALL going to get a new body in the hereafter anyhow?

By the way, yesterday was my last PTA meeting as President! I happily welcomed our new President and wished her well. I will still be 1st VP, but that is SO not a big deal compared to being the Prez. Scott and I still believe that we will eventually move from here. When we do, I need to remember to stay home and keep my mouth shut. I've tried sitting on my hands, but it doesn't work for me. Staying home and not talking to anyone is the only sure fire way NOT to become a slave to volunteering.

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Go, Becky! No more PTA and a more fit body--woo hoo!

Nicowhit said...

I know what you mean about the working out stuff. I thought I was gonna die at first too. I am doing much better now. I still get sore every time and I still sweat my butt off, but I can walk out of the gym on my own and I can sit down on the toilet without my legs screaming at me. LOL