Monday, May 26, 2008

Caroline

Coming up on the holiday weekend (a 4 day weekend for me and the kids), I had all kinds of plans. A barbecue in the backyard, getting extra errands taken care of, deep cleaning the kids' rooms, going to Disneyland. So I jumped in with both feet cleaning, sorting, running errands etc. As much as I wanted us all to make a Disneyland trip, it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Saturday, Caroline wasn't looking good and she had a fever. She was sick and unhappy because us girls were supposed to go shopping. By Sunday morning, her fever had risen and she was complaining of a headache and tummy ache. Scott and I went to church in shifts so that one of us would be at home to take care of Caroline. Last night, our neighbor Don came over and helped Scott give her a blessing. This morning, her fever seemed to have broken and I was hoping that she was on the mend. She spent most of her day in bed and still complained about her tummy hurting. When she finally got out of bed she couldn't even stand up straight. Scott and I took her to the ER. That was around 4 p.m. It is now 10:30 p.m. and she is still there. It looks like our little Caroline has appendicitis. They did an ultrasound and it was inconclusive. That meant she had to have a cat scan. I stayed until 9:45, then Scott took over, (we took separate cars). By the time I got home, by way of McDonald's, Caroline had already had the cat scan and was watching Barbie as Rapunzel on Scott's laptop. Anyhow, it looks like Miss Caroline will be going in for an appendectomy. I'll write later to let everyone know how she's doing.

1 comment:

J said...

poor thing! we'll keep her in our prayers. let us know how she is.