Saturday, July 3, 2010
Say It AIn't So!
I fear that I may be developing an intolerance to sugar. Not all sugar. Home baked desserts and such are fine. It's the store bought stuff that I'm having trouble with. I get a tummy ache after eating Chips Ahoy, Keebler, etc... I could even handle this if I could just ENJOY the flavor of such things like when I was a kid! But they don't even TASTE good to me anymore. I remember when I was a kid and the exquisite joy I would experience in eating a box of chocolaty chip cookies. But no more! Goodbye pecan sandies. Farewell soft batch cookies. Adios frosted animal crackers. I appreciate those times in my life when you were there for me. To make me feel all better when I was down or not feeling well. Alas, I have reached the point in my life where you have been replaced by ibuprofen, tylenol and tums................................sometimes I really hate growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alas! I fear the same thing is happening to me. When I was pregnant with Lily, for the first time in my life I didn't want junk food. Now, whenever I eat anything with sugar, I get horribly sick to my stomach. What a world, what a world...I feel your pain!
Post a Comment