Thursday, July 9, 2009

Enough Drama Already!!

Aubree is at camp this week. Caroline doesn't have activity days this week. It's not my turn to be at the church for primary this week. So naturally, I was looking forward to spending a quiet evening at home with Caroline while Scott and the boys were at the church for Young Men's. Those plans had a slight damper put on them when Scott informed me that he needed me to sub for their pianist. The youth are singing in sacrament meeting sometime next month and since the girls are at camp this week, Scott was anxious to have the young men practice just their parts. Apparently, the NEED it. OK no biggie, I met him at the church and played piano for the young men to practice. After that, I took Caroline with me and went home. About 2 hours later while I was on facebook and watching Wipeout with Caroline, I get a phone call from Scott asking if Richard had shown up at the house because they couldn't find him anywhere. I told him no, it was just Caroline and myself at home. Scott was not positive, but estimated that Richard had been missing for about 30 minutes by then. Fortunately, a ward member saw him walking home (he wasn't far from the house) and picked him up. By the time we found him, it had been over an hour since anyone had seen him and I was giving a description of Richard to the police. He had done this before when we lived in CA. But we lived in a very small town compared to Las Vegas. Once we all got back home, Scott and I had a long, serious talk with Richard about how dangerous it is to go walking by yourself, after dark in N. Las Vegas. Richard explained that some of the boys at the church had hurt his feelings and so he removed himself from the situation instead of getting into a fight. We explained that removing himself was good, but next time he needs to find his Dad or another adult who is in charge and talk about it. However, I AM impressed that he actually WALKED the two miles from the church to our neighborhood. I need a nap!

No comments: