Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Go Lucky Me!

After allowing my kids to become human pin cushions, the school district has seen fit to let my children attend school. With that out of the way, I need to focus my attention on making sure that they honor Richard's current IEP. My hope when we left California, was that Vegas would just be a quick little trip to visit family and friends, then we'd be off to Oregon. Unfortunately for us, that wasn't the case. Scott had his job interview in Oregon on Mar. 3rd and we're hoping that we hear good news within the next week or so. Scott said that he felt really good about it and that he could definitely see us living in Oregon. Something that he could NOT see while he was in Missouri. Scott said that the scripture that keeps coming to his mind is one from the Doctrine and Covenants (I can't remember exactly where) that says "Be still and know that I am God." In other words, Heavenly Father is mindful of our situation and everything will work out fine. I guess that means that I need to quit stressing about it. OK then, hmmmmm, hmmmm, hummm dee dummm, laaa dee daahh, dee dahh dee dooo....nope, still stressed. Guess I need to work on that patience thing. Anyhow, Scott has an interview tomorrow in Las Vegas, but for a job in Seattle, Washington. Then he has another one on Monday for MGM Mirage's City Center here in Vegas. What's that you ask? Me, worry? Nah, I'm just a happy go lucky, go with the flow kind of girl. That is of course until my supply of chocolate runs out!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We're keeping our fingers crossed and a prayer in our hearts. Good luck! What's right will work out. I'm glad he has so many interviews. That at least leaves room for a little hope.

Taylor Family said...

Things will work out, and you'll be a blessing to those you meet wherever you go! Pretty much every day, someone brings up a story you told us or something Richard said, or your yummy cooking:) We sure miss you guys!