Monday, February 16, 2009
It's The Final Countdown!!!
Does anyone else remember that song? I mean as something more than a jingle from a commercial? Anyhow, that song keeps going through my head lately. "We're heading for Venus!" Or Vegas! Or Oregon! Or SOMEPLACE!!! Scott hasn't received his itinerary yet, but he's supposed to fly to Oregon this Thursday or Friday for his Face To Face Interview! His phone interview lasted for well over an hour and they sound pretty sold on him. Scott and Richard are still in Vegas and the rest of us are still staying with the Carter family in Upland, CA. My last day of work was Feb.12th and I miss my kids there already. I'm hoping that I can find another job working with special needs kids wherever it is we end up living. Even if it turns out to be Las Vegas. ugh. I'm totally serious when I say the ONLY reason we ever visit Las Vegas is because we have family and friends there. But I've made up my mind to be happy wherever we end up. I'm getting better at that. For years I used to say that you couldn't pay me to live in California. My bluff was called on that remark and we ended up living here for 3 1/2 years because of Scott's job. And believe it or not, I'm actually going to miss it! I'm going to miss Upland and my ward and all of the many friends I've made here. I'm also going to miss being so well connected in Upland's School District. My involvement in the PTA and working here has been very beneficial in getting Richard the resources he's needed. Now I'll have to start from square one again. So I ask you to join me in song, "IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWWN!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You will be sorely missed, but never forgotten! It may be the final countdown, but it won't be the last you ever see of us:)
Intense!! Good luck!
Post a Comment