Sunday, December 28, 2008

Update

Oh to be in such a good ward and to have family and friends who take such good care of us when we're down! Thank You to everyone who had a hand in making sure our kids had a nice Christmas and in doing so, made it possible for Scott and I to have a nice Christmas as well. We had our very first experience this month of receiving a food order from the church. Scott arrived to get our order filled and the lady asked him if he had ever done this before? He told her, "Not from this side of the fence." It was a very humbling experience for us and we are most thankful.
I finally gave in and the kids got a PS2 and a game each for Christmas, courtesy of my Mom and Dad in-law. The church, along with a couple of anonymous angels, made sure that we had the money to have a nice Christmas dinner and stocking stuffers. Brian and Maria bought our family a new printer, scanner, copier, fax machine. I'm SO excited. Our old printer was just that, a printer, and sometimes it would actually work!
We told the kids last night that we ARE moving at the end of January 2009. We just don't know where yet. If Scott gets the job with T-Mobile, then we'll be moving to Missouri. If not, then we'll be moving into my Dad's house that is sitting empty in Las Vegas. Of course, if the right job drops in Scott's lap right here, then we'll stay in Upland, CA. That would make Aubree happy! I just want Scott's next job to be the one where he stays for 20 plus years and our kids have a place that they can refer to as "home".
Richard is still going to Loma Linda for therapy as well as Scott and I, 3 days a week from 3:30 to 6:30 pm. Whenever I get discouraged, I make myself think back to how things were a month and half ago and realize how far we have all come. Richard starts a new school On Jan. 5th in Rancho Cucamonga. I love saying that name! Rancho Cucamonga! Scott took Richard to tour the campus and although they don't have choir, he is looking forward to a fresh start.
As for me, I will continue to work with the little autistic 5 year old for the first couple of weeks or so at HER new school. Then I'LL be out of a job! Ugh! I'm hoping to get reassigned to another student or at least keep working in the sub pool as an instructional aide or office clerk with the school district.
So that's about it! Scott got an email the other day from T-Mobile saying that they look forward to meeting with him in person. If he does get this job; well, as Forest Gump says, "Good. One less thang to worry aobut."

3 comments:

PookaB said...

I'm glad you were able to have a good Christmas. Love you guys.

Nicowhit said...

I am so glad things were happy for Christmas. I know the kids are gonna love that PS2. I will have Nicholas go through his games and we'll send you the ones he doens't play or need anymore.

I am sorry tihngs are so up in the air. It must be so hard not knowing what your going to be doing a month from now. I hope Scott gets the job with T-Mobile. I wont like having you guys so much further away but if its the right thing, than who can argue. I understand that it will be hard for the kids, especially Aburee, but she is young and will have a whole new adventure ahead of her.

The Bishops storehouse is wonderful isn't it. So organized and stress free. I have even heard that a lot of the food is delicious as well. I have heard wonderful things about the Salsa, the Applesauce, and the Granola especially. The potato pearls and pancake mix are really good too. I know that one cause I am able to get that in my food storage. I am glad it is available to good, hard working people who have come upon hard times.

Shannon said...

Good luck with everything. Hope 2009 is a bit more settled for you all. I like the "20 plus years" and "a place to call home" ideas. Good luck with T-mobile!