With school finally out for the Summer, I'm hoping to have more time working on my blog. My friend Staci's blog is really cute and I'm going to try and get her to help me pretty mine up too. As for life, we are all doing fine. Well except that Scott's brakes went out on us the other night. Fortunately, we have a friend from church who actually enjoys working on brakes! He was glad to help, but the job took a lot longer than he had anticipated. We'll have to think of some way to thank him. Especially since I also need the brakes done on my van as well. Last Friday night, Scott and I went with Richard to a banquet for all of the Upland High School choir members. Richard was given an award for outstanding first tenor. Of course I didn't have my camera. My friend Staci and her daughter Brooke who we sat with had one and snapped a couple of pix for us. Yesterday was the last day of school, so I took the kids to Disneyland and Scott met us there after work. In my effort to try and save money, I packed dinner for us and we ate in the picnic area instead of buying dinner at the park. I figure we saved about $40 going that route. Nobody complained either. That's probably because I brought my homemade salsa.:o) At 9:00 we were run out of the park to make way for grad night. I had forgotten about that. I guess that's the thing to do here for high school graduates. They run everyone out at 9:00 and bring in the graduates at 10:00. They then have the run of Disneyland until something like 3 a.m. I didn't mind though. After getting soaked on Splash Mountain in the night air, I was more than ready to get into my nice warm van and head home.
(Funny from Aubree)
Aubree is babysitting right now for a friend of mine who is going horseback riding. I heard Aubree say to her, "I LOVE horseback riding. Except that I've never done it."
2 comments:
Here are my comments, in no particular order:
1) Glad you got the brakes fixed! 2)
Yay, Richard! 3) Disneyland rocks! 4) I think Aubree is awesome, and horseback riding is fun, too. 5) Your friend Staci must be really nice! (I bet she'll help with the blog and send you those pictures, too;) )
Glad to have you back posting again. Summer will be a blast for you guys with those Disneyland passes. I am so jealous. Are the kids getting sick of it yet? I don't think I ever could.
Post a Comment