Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Think me harsh?

As some of you know, my van was broken into last week. They not only ripped open the door handle and damaged the van's body. They stole all of my DVD players that I saved for over a year to buy AND Scott's portable DVD player that he won in a raffle at work. I was really, I mean REALLY mad about this. I was already kind of feeling down because of a speeding ticket I got in Las Vegas three days before. Then today, I get a notice in the mail saying that I'm in violation of city code blah, blah, blah because my trash cans were seen from the curb. And if I don't contact the Upland Police Dept. within ten days to arrange for an inspection by an Upland police officer OR the matter will be turned over to the city prosecutor. Oh excuse me? The Upland PD can notice that my trash cans are visible from the curb, but NOT notice that my van is being broken into and ripped off?! I did do something that made me feel a little better though. I went online and ordered a custom made bumper sticker. It came today and is now on the back bumper of my van. It reads: "If You're The Scumbag That Broke Into My Van. Know That I Pray Daily For Your Swift And Painful Death". It was the best $4.99 I've ever spent.

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog! Even though I see you pretty regularly, I never get tired of your sense of humor, and reading your blog will let me hear a Becky story anytime I need one!!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh my goodness you crack me up! Won't that make your van a little vulnerable? Maybe it should read "if you're thinking of breaking into this, you should see the last guy who tried." I mean, let's scare them out of every wanting to do it!! Though yours is more truthful...they are scum!!

You seriously live in happyville -- a ticket for curb maintenance, get real people!!

Nicowhit said...

Oh my freaking gosh. You crack me up Becky. I can't believe you got a freaking ticket from the plice about your tras cans. SHEESH! Don't they have better things to do than site people for trash can violations? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. When yo have the police officer come out to inspect your trash cans you should ask him where he was the night your van got broken into. Sheehs! I can't believe we are even discussing trach can violations. What has the world come too?!?!?

Shannon said...

Hi Becky-

What a week! Hope this this next week will be better. I don't know who reported your trash cans, but maybe you should keep them out next to your van. Then they can keep an eye on both at the same time!

J said...

"Think you funny!" :)

teddi said...

Just so you know, Upland has a separate "code enforcement" truck that cites you for wonderful things like trash cans (maybe you should by the invisible kind, Becky) and weeds growing on the outside of your fence that faces the alley (because the people who dig through my trash care about the weeds). No actual police officers were involved or injured in the writing of said citation.