Monday, April 7, 2008

The Day After

The day after general conference weekend is always so strange. It doesn't ever really feel like we even HAD a weekend. You can't get anything of significance done around the house or in the yard, because you HAVE to watch conference! I do enjoy conference. A sign that I'm actually a grown up. But I also feel like I'm going to have to endure a pop quiz about it over the next few weeks. "Oh didn't you just LOVE Elder so and so's talk? Which one was YOUR favorite? etc..." I got several emails with the attachments for general conference packets for the kids to do during conference. Nice idea, but at 15 pages per packet, times four is a lot of paper and ink. Besides, last year I did print them out and then completely forgot about them until AFTER conference. One of the upsides of conference is that on Sunday we got to have a full on cooked breakfast. Complete with bacon, sausage, grits, eggs, toast and juice. Everyone was stuffed, but it didn't stop my kids from asking 30 minutes later, "What's for dinner?" In case you're wondering, we had Hawaiian Haystacks. After dinner, we all settled in the living room and watched "Hair Spray". We got to about the last 20 minutes of the movie when Caroline came in (she decided that she wanted to go to bed early) and said that she had thrown up on her bed. So we stopped the movie and Scott cleaned up the bed and carpet in her room and I cleaned up Caroline and started a load of laundry. After scrubbing and Febreezing Jason and Caroline's room, we opened the window and shut the door to their room. J and C slept on the sectional in the living room. Caroline, with a garbage can next to her head. Today, after much encouragement. By encouragement I mean threatening, to get my kids out of bed. They ALL went to school. As for me, I treated myself to a McDonald's deluxe breakfast. Life IS good.

5 comments:

Nicowhit said...

YAY! Becky has a blog. I actually printed up the packets last year and the kids loved them and used them for Conference. I couldn't do it this year because my printer is broken so Whitney made up her own game to play with Confrence. She wrote down all the names of people she heard and the ntreated herself with a pice of gum. Nicholas and his friend Triston joined in the game since they were getting gum too. Finally I asked Whitney why they kept getting gum and she told me of her fabulous game. LOL I out a stop the the gum but I did promise them a treat if they took notes. It was cute. I agree that not much gets done around the house during Confrence weekend. Keep the posts coming. I look forward to reading them. I am also very proud to be the very first person to comment on your blog.

J said...

Welcome to the blogging world! :) We'll keep in better touch, now, I'm sure. Throw-up is a nice ending to a weekend... I HATE that! Hope she's feeling better.

Shannon said...

Hi Becky-

Thanks for the invite to your blog. I'm looking forward to keeping up with the Bowlers! Have a great week. If you can get all the way through without a throw-up episode, you'll be better off than last! Type at you later.

teddi said...

Hey, Becky, Now I can get my fill of stories from the life of the Bowlers! I need a good laugh :) We actually got a few flowers planted on Saturday--so I guess we had a little bit of a weekend. But I know exactly what you mean.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Hi Becky! Glad to see all the SILs are joining the blog world. I think I may have overencouraged (or maybe just wanted to) but it helps me keep in touch with so many people.

I hate the quizzes...I'm good at listening, but I always forget to remember who said what. I feel like a low class Mormon or something....maybe I should play a game, it would help me remember.